Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Lesson # 24 Podcast, Podcasts

I went to Podcast.com and listened to a little of Library Channel through the Arizona State University, I chose Native Voices-Native Amercan language materials in the Labriola Center. The podcast was about a book they had just gotten in by Frank Brannon titled Cherokee Phoenix Advent of a Newspaper which sounded like a wonderful book so it set me searching to see if KCLS had it, I didn't think it would since there were only 500 copies made, and they were made with handmade paper. See how much you can learn in a few seconds of listening!

Next I went to Podcast Alley after I typed in Library 2.0 (as advised in the lesson) 103 items come up.

Over to Yahoo Podcasts where I found KEXP has a Song of the Day podcast, which is what I had chose to RSS.

I must confess I'm not completely new to a podcst. I have listened to a couple Prairie Home Companions that way. One week they had the Flatlanders and I did not want to miss that!!

So what's the difference between a podcast and streaming? Ok I presume it means I can download it to my Creative Zen Nomad MP3 Player (nice of the world to give iPod free advertisement by nameing it PODcasts, and they were LATE to the MP3 world anyway sheesh).

No comments: