Sunday, March 11, 2007


I have a few minutes so I can talk more about the show last night. At the beginning, Guy Clark said that there was a general policy of no rehearsing, and after Joe Ely played a beautiful lead on John Hiatt's "Memphis In the Meantime", Guy said "That smacks of rehearsal" disdainfully.
Before John Hiatt sang "It Feels Like Rain" he said, "I suppose the people up here have pretty much exhausted the romantic possibilities of rain".
Lyle Lovett talked about a Texas boys right of passage to cross the border to Mexico and thought it was probably about the same for us in the northern states and crossing the border to Canada.
Joe Ely said he had written 2 songs about Chihuahua's not because he likes that breed of dog, but because he likes the word.
It really was lovely and fun.
This morning on Sunday Brunch on KMTT Drew Dundon played a Guy Clark song, but I didn't hear the title, and I didn't hear if Drew said he had gone to the show or not, darn short car rides!
On the way into the show I stopped at the KMTT booth and got a copy of the 5:20 Funny CD, and talked to one of the women at the booth who was very very nice.

No comments: