Monday, April 30, 2007

Web 2.0 Awards

Lesson 22

Of course I chose the Web 2.0 Awards, then of course I went to music where they recommended last.fm where I listened to


I couldn't figure out if I could add music to my Decemberist station. Then I went to tools, and there was some software I had to add, and since I'm at work, I'm not sure that would be appropriate. Last.fm had been talked up by Aaron Schmidt our Learning 2.0 lecturer last week.

So I went back to Pandora.com where I already had Carrie's Eclectic set up, which I refine more day by day, or maybe I expand it day by day. Where I have found it easy to add artists and tell them if I like something or don't like it and there is even a page where it shows my thumbs ups and downs. Pandora.com did get an honorable mention on the Web 2.0 Awards.

The advantage I can see to last.fm is that I could embed the tool to listen to the Decemberists on this blog. You can click Carrie's Eclectic to listen to the station I've made on Pandora. Maybe last.fm needs more perusal than I have given it. But Pandora (recommended by my niece Carmen) is very easy and no downloads.


No comments: