Saturday, April 21, 2007

Zoho vs. Google Docs

Both are great. I think they would be well worth it for people who don't have their own 'office' software, and library users who need to save their documents and don't have a flash drive!!

I tried out the Spreadsheet Option on both, both of them I pasted a Desk Schedule Spreadsheet in and it looked ok, but not all of my formating came over with it, so I had to fiddle around with it quite a bit and printing it didn't print any colors. I was originally thinking maybe I could post the next weeks desk schedule there and all could access. Alas I don't feel like I can take the time to fiddle about with it, unless maybe in the future I just do my original desk schedules there.

I swear I already posted this, but I couldn't find it when I was going to tell Learning 2.0 that I had done, so if you're an avid reader of this blog, I apologize for any duplication.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for using Zoho Sheet, Carrie. Sorry about the formatting issues you were having. Instead of copy-pasting the cells, you can try 'Import'ing the spreadsheet directly into Zoho Sheet. We also have a Zoho Plug-in which allows you to export directly from inside Microsoft Excel.

And we will look into why the colors didn't get printed too.

If your spreadsheet doesn't have any confidential info, mail it to aravind(at)zoho(dot)com or support(at)zohosheet(dot)com so that we can analyze this better.