Tuesday, April 03, 2007

WIKI, WIKI, WIKI

Reminds me of the sound people make when they're trying to make the 'scratch' sound the Hip Hop DJs do.

I went to PBWiki and entered my blog address, I also signed up for a Wiki, I'm not quite sure why or what I'll put on it. Though maybe it would be a place to put my playlists I'm thinking about (Monkey Songs, Car Songs[not to be confused with Road Songs], Road Songs [not to confused with Car Songs]). Which makes me miss my notebooks where I would put all these things. If I start blogging and wiki-ing what will I do with all the notebooks I have bought over the years!! I still like having them to jot stuff down in.

Ok well I digressed (as usual), when I was looking at the various wikis out there, there was the lady who kept her shopping list on the wiki, she must be able to access her list from her phone, which then makes me wonder why she doesn't just keep it on the phone?



Then I went to the the Book Lovers Wiki, and on the 1st page the 1st book was Flushed: How the Plumber Saved Civilization by W. Hodding Carter which reminded me of when I worked at White Center Library in 1977 and this guy would come in and he would stand at the check out desk and tell us the history of the Toilet and Thomas J. Crapper, everyday and very loudly. I think his name was Patrick. I wonder if he's still around, I wonder if White Center should request a copy of this book for him?



And all of this doesn't really tell you what I think of Wikis. In the past I have found Wikipedia to be helpful, but knowing anyone can post just about anything has made me a little leary of using it as the only source. So Wikis are kind of like the internet in general where anyone can post anything they want, and reader beware or try to go to ones run by reputable places like Princeton University etc. etc. etc. (sorry for the King and I reference)

No comments: